I am writing this post based on my yesterday’s conversation with my school friend. We were having this conversation on Whats app 🙂 I am writing this just to treasure the memories forever.
She – I will call her V – is a very good friend of mine from school days. We used to hang-out at each others place after school. We also bunked classes and went to her place! That was something awesome… The only responsibility that we had at that time was the school homework!! Certainly nothing more was expected from us in that phase of life.
The conversations that we mostly had in those days were:
– Bitching about some random girl or boy
– Teasing eachother with some other guy – as in – he seems interested in u 😛
– Study Plans ( Though I never did that 😉 and if I did – never accomplished any 😛 )
– Planning and than saying – Pakka I will study this time. For sure. I will start days before the exam. (I did this – I accept :D)
– Sometimes during the night outs – discussing about how our lives would be when we grow up – when we are married n all the girly stuff I wont talk about 😉
– Planning for parties, random things we would like to do etc. etc.
All this was such innocent stuff!!
We parted ways after school. She was still a friend but not much in touch. We used to talk may be once in two months or so. We have no clue of what is happening in the other one’s life – I mean the details.
Next, I get a call from her and I was shocked to what I heard.
V – Megha, I am getting married in 10 days and you have to come.
I seriously did not believe in what I heard. Amazed 😮
Finally I replied – Ohh Wow! That’s great news. Who is the guy?? Where did u guys meet? Love or Arrange? You did not give me a hint..
V – It all just happened. Its a Love Marriage it is! I could not tell anyone. I was not sure at first and once I was sure, I was busy compelling my parents to agree (so Indian). And finally they have agreed and we are getting married on so and so date.
I was still in a shock.
Me – Its still not fair. You could have told me. Anyways, I am so sorry I waont be able to attend your marriage since I have my final exams falling on the same dates.
V – Please come. You cannot bunk an exam for me?
Yeah seriously – she wanted me to bunk my final exams. (Friends!! Haha :D)
Finally I said I will try my best if I can attend one of the functions.
Ofcourse, I did not attend her marriage. 😐 I could not.
Once she got married, initially we used to talk sometimes. I asked her howz life after marriage and more……. 😛
But, I did not get replies as expected. I felt the distance. Something that stopped her from sharing. May be its just me who thinks this way and may be it happens with everybody. Life changes once you are married 🙂
All done till now – talks became very minimal after sometime.
Now it was my turn to call her and invite her to my marriage. Yes. I went to her place with my mom.
She had met with a small accident and couldn’t attend my marriage. But she was really happy for me. She told me that you will enjoy this life.
After my marriage the, initially the contacts were NIL. I mean no calls, no messaging. May be we were too busy with our lives. Especially Me – enjoying the new phase of my life.
Now after nearly 1 and a half yrs after my marriage – we have again started interacting (Thanks to Whatsapp 😀 ). We chat and accept that we miss the initial school life and that innocent happiness filled time. Its not that we are not happy with our lives now -its just the difference between the life of a child and an adult.
The conversations that we have now are very very different from the ones we had previously. Especially the one yesterday:
It started with
– How are you and how is life treating u? Life has become busy and we don’t get much time….
– How is your better half?
– How is your job going on?
Next – Since we were now married – the topic shifted to:
– What about family planning? Are you planning a baby?
– When are you planning to conceive?
– Don’t the elders in your family keep telling you that its high time you guys should have a baby?
– What do our partners have to say on this?
And all the related stuff 😀 😀
I don’t believe we were talking about all this 🙂 See the type of change in the topics of conversation 🙂 🙂
But I was so happy to again bond in the same way 😀 We chat, we share our lives and are longing to meet and spend some time together. But don’t know when will we be getting that time!! Just wanted to say – I miss u friend 🙂
Have a great life ahead. I wish you all the success and happiness in this world!!
– Megha (Jambudi – as you used to call me) 😀